Fall is definitely among us and I’m starting to feel the vibes of warm cozy meals. This Simple Tofu Scramble with Baby Kale did the trick this morning! Who else is SO EXCITED for this season?
Inspired by Oh She Glow’s beautiful sunrise scramble recipe, I put together a simple version of my own. She includes many more veggies and spices, but if you don’t have many ingredients around you can make this tasty quickie.
I was a little curious what crumbled tofu would taste like, but let me be the first to tell you – it’s delicious! With the warm spices of turmeric and gram masala along with fresh black pepper and a pinch of salt it makes a FAB protein-rich replacement for scrambled eggs.
Pair up with some avocado toast, or add any veggies, garlic, and onions you may like. Just like scrambled eggs – customize it to suit your taste-buds!
- 1 serving of organic firm tofu (3 oz)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 heaping handful of baby kale
- 1 tsp gram masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch of salt + fresh black pepper
- bring oil up to medium heat in a sauté pan with carrots + gram masala, cook 1-2 mins until spice is fragrant and carrots soften
- crumble in tofu and add turmeric, salt + pepper. toss together and cook 3-4 mins. fold in kale.
- serve immediately and enjoy!
Keep it busy,